Game News Elden Ring, GTA 5… What is the most popular game on YouTube?
The reputation of Elden Ring is well established… And yet, today it still surprises by smashing a new record.
Elden Ring in front of GTA V
Launched at the beginning of the year, Elden Ring seduced almost everyone who tried the adventure. It must be said that FromSoftware’s game offers a different vision of open world gaming with an emphasis on exploration. As a result, just like for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, each player draws their own experience when launching the game. This state of affairs has obviously prompted the most curious of you to watch the games of others on Twitch or YouTube.
Moreover, today, thanks to statistics shared by IGN, we learn that Elden Ring has recorded more than 3.4 billion views in the two months since its launch. With such figures, the open-world with the raised difficulty obviously broke all records, which was previously obtained by Grand Theft Auto V. As a reminder, during its first two months of operation, the Rockstar Games game garnered 1.9 billion views. Of course, this difference can easily be explained since since the release of Grand Theft Auto V in 2013, the Google platform has come a long way and at the same time attracts more and more people.
Note that the third is held by Red Dead Redemption II with 1.4 billion views and the fourth by Super Mario Odyssey with 828 million views. In fifth and sixth place are respectively The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild with 638 million views and Skyrim with 456 million views.
The list of statistics in detail
To give you more details, note that IGN also made a list of the most watched content when Elden Ring launched:
- Coryx Kenshin – ELDEN RING is RAGE GAME of 2022 (6.2 million views)
- AshesWolf – Elden Ring – MAX LEVEL 713 VS Bosses Gameplay (5.7 million views)
- Boomstick Gaming – ELDEN RING | Get “Overpowered” At the Very Start (5.3 million views)
- Joel Haver- Elden Ring from the NPC’s Perspective (5 million views)
- JackSepticEye – Best Game In The Last 5 Years (4.8 million views)
The most viewed channels when Elden Ring launched:
- RageGamingVideos (946,000 subscribers) with 71.6 million views
- FightinCowboy (1.07 million subscribers) with 39.6 million views
- Arekkz Gaming (1.29 million subscribers) with 39 million views
The most popular bosses at launch:
- Margit, The Fell Omen
- Malenia Blade of Miquella
- Godrick the Grafted
- Starscourge Radahn
- Dragon Tree Sentinel
The most popular classes at launch: