In a post tonight, Blizzard addresses players’ latest questions and concerns regarding Season 4 of shadowlands. Intermediates, legendaries, currencies, Mythic+ dungeons, raids and their rewards are covered. Find all the information below.
- Intermediate item level does not increase, and remains at a maximum of 278.
- 278 being the Normal item level for Fate Raids, Intermediate for Normal/Heroic/Mythic raids will be 278 (265 in Raid Finder).
- Intermediaries will not be available in offline dungeons.shadowlandsbut Tazavesh Intermediaries will work the same way.
- The Vessel of Profound Possibilities, an item available through Covenant Vendors during Season 3 that increases all of your Intermediaries to item level 278, is being changed. This no longer requires the achievements of Season 3 (Duellist, 3,000 rating in Mythic+ or Mythical Sepulchre) and is purchasable by all characters for Cosmic Flux.
Legendaries and crafting
- Legendaries crafted from shadowlands will not rank up, remaining at a maximum of Rank 7 with an item level of 291 for the Season.
- There is no new Craftsman’s Mark required for crafting higher item level gear like in previous Seasons.
- The Cosmic Flow will be available as for Season 3, and will not disappear when moving on to the next one.
- As a reminder, there is now an object allowing the transfer of Cosmic Flux to other characters on your account available at Intendant Vilo in Zereth Mortis.
- Eroded Relics will be bound to the account.
- Unused Auxiliary Merit Symbols from the Grand Vault from Season 3 will disappear with the start of Season 4, with conversion at a rate of 1,000 gp per Symbol.
- Instant-Imbued Mesh, the item that added a socket in Season 3, will no longer work with the next Season. You can sell it for 6,000 gp, the same price as the 6 Symbols of Merit needed to buy it.
- Marks of Merit return in Season 4, with a new item adding a socket costing only 3 Marks to account for the duration of the Season. This one works on Season 4 items from Raids, PvP, and Mythic+, like those previously available.
- The reduction of Mythic+ keys between Seasons is 3 levels, like the previous ones. If your highest key this week was a +18, you will receive a +15 key when opening your Grand Vault or speaking with Tha’sup in Oribos when Season 4 begins.
- With a few exceptions, items from old dungeons will retain their original stats with Season 4 scaling. Warlords of Draenor, trinkets with no main stats, Mechagon Rings, and other unique items from these dungeons will all be enabled. This season keeps as many things from those dungeons as they were, when possible.
- Removed King Mechagon’s Azerite Armor from Operation: Mechagon loot.
- Warlords of Draenor had a different loot system where over 100 items were shared between all of the dungeons. For Season 4, the Grimrail Depot and Iron Docks loot tables will consist of items unique to those dungeons as well as a mix of items from that shared loot.
- Mythic+ end-of-spree items will not be limited in the first week like previous Seasons.
- The dungeons of shadowlands off-Tazavesh will receive a base item level increase, but these cannot be upgraded with Valor. Only Season 4 Mythic+ items will be able to.
- Mythic Raids will be available at launch without delay.
- Cross-realm raids will remain active due to the absence of Hall of Fame in Season 4.
- Raid shortcuts earned in previous Seasons will work on the difficulties you unlocked them on. For example, if you have the Kel’Thuzad hotkey from the Heroic Domination Sanctum, then during the weeks when the Sanctum is the Fate Raid, you will be able to use it only on Heroic difficulty.
- Castle Nathria and Sanctum of Domination will now award up to 2,000 reputation towards Court of the Reapers and Death’s Advance on all difficulties. When these raids are Fateful, they will also drop up to 2,000 Cosmic Streams.
- Items obtained through Fate Raids will retain the ‘Fate’ tag when upgraded to a class set via the Creation Catalyst, meaning they can also be upgraded via the currency available in Heroic and Mythic.
- As it is a legendary weapon, Rae’shalare, Whisper of Death will not be available for purchase through the trader vendor in exchange for Dinars.
- For players who already own the bow, an item will be available through it, increasing its item level to 285.
- Sylvanas herself will still drop the bow during Fate Weeks, and like Season 2, will drop items in place of the bow for those who wear it, upgrading the bow to Normal, Heroic item levels or Mythic of Season 4.
- Additionally, to account for the shorter Season length and difficulty, Rae’shalare and Night’s Edge will have an improved drop rate across all Sanctum of Domination difficulties and versions.
- There will be several balancing changes made to the trinkets and special weapons available in the 3 raids of shadowlands and some of the expansion’s dungeons. While waiting for the details of the patch notes, here are the reasons for these changes.
First, the devs are hoping to remove an advantage some players might have by getting a 278 version of a trinket from shadowlands via the Grand Vault of Season 3, the dungeon jewels of shadowlands being available at a maximum of 262 for players who start after the start of Season 4.
Second, with raid rotation, the developers want to ensure that more of the items available in a raid in a given week have a chance of being a satisfying buff for players. You can imagine a scenario where Castle Nathria might not be interesting if all the ‘good jewels’ come from a different raid that you won’t be able to do for 1-2 weeks. Additionally, Season 4 is a unique opportunity for developers to study these items with a full Season (or more) of retrospective, and thus be able to improve those that were close in power, but not close enough to be competitive with popular or simpler acquisition options.
Third, due to the limited number of Dinars, the developers saw a lot of concerns from players about spending them, and one item being nerfed or another upgraded afterwards. The developers are making these changes at the start of the Season and plan to interfere as little as possible. The decisions you make about the items you buy will be made without the fear that their rates will change drastically.